Susan McMillan - Arabic > English translator and proofreader
Portland, ME 04101
Click Here to View or Download My Resume
Arabic to English translator and proofreader with a journalism background. After a decade in newspapers, I bring excellent writing and editing skills, a broad base of knowledge and top-notch research abilities to produce accurate, natural translations.
SHORTLIST OF 2018 PROJECTS
Certificates and IDs; court rulings; legislation, orders, decrees, and regulations; commentaries on administrative civil law; administrative appeal submissions; report on Egyptian parliamentary activities; newspaper/magazine articles; corporate organizational documents
2017-present Freelance Linguist
• Specializations: legal, government, journalism/media, education, development
• Other working fields: business, finance, NGOs, history
• AR>EN services: translation, editing, proofreading, checking/review
• English-only services: editing, proofreading, quality control, transcription
2014-present Cryptologic Linguist, U.S. Army
• Duties: transcription and translation of written and audio materials
2011-2014 Education and Government Reporter, Kennebec Journal, Augusta, Maine
2008-2011 Education and Government Reporter, Sandusky Register, Sandusky, Ohio
2014-2016 Associate of Arts in Arabic, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, Calif.
2004-2008 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Journalism, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga.
· Graduated Phi Beta Kappa, with Highest Honors, GPA of 3.97
About this Linguist
Desired Job Category
Proofreading / Editing
Desired Employment Type
Desired Work Schedule
Total Work Experience
10 Years, 0 Months
Most Recent Job Title
BankingWords.com & PlanetArabia
Copyright © 2000-2020
Arab Professional Translators Society
All Rights Reserved.