Senior Arabic-English Translator & Interpreter
Management Science University, Section 13
Click Here to View or Download My Resume
Dr. MOHAMMED H. AL AQAD. Ph.D
Kuala Lumpur 58200, Malaysia
Al-Aqad is a senior Arabic-English translator and Interpreter holds a Ph.D. and MA in translation studies. Has more than 10-years of experience working as a simultaneous and consecutive interpreter. Interpreted for more than 100 events, international conferences, meetings, annual congresses. Have excellent communication and interpersonal, and leadership skills, able to speak many languages, including Arabic, English, Malay, and Chinese. Finally, has an interpreter for many officials and diplomats, include; Kings, Prime ministers, and government bodies.
● Ph.D. in Translation, University of Malaya, Malaysia 2020
● Certified Professional Translator, Arabic Professional Translators Society, Lebanon 2018
● Training Program: Advanced Translation and Interpretation "English to Arabic & vs, International Academy for Professional Training, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2017
● Certificate of Appreciation “Best Translator”, PETRONAS Leadership Centre, Malaysia 2016
● Master in Translation, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2015
● Professional Diploma in Training of Trainers (TOT), American University of Science, USA 2012
Management and Science University (MSU), Shah Alam, Malaysia
Senior Lecturer and Program Manager Feb 2019–Current
• Teaching all major courses in translation and interpreting studies and academic advisor to the new students.
• Engaging students with lots of fun activities to emphasize their comprehension of translation and interpreting skills.
• Responsible for designing and writing materials for language skills subjects.
• Responsible for designing and developing materials for all translation and interpreting subjects.
• Supervising and examining dissertations and final projects for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• Experience in curriculum development, accreditation process, institutional partnership, and academic counseling.
• Assisted the faculty to link students with translation companies and industries for student internships.
• Established from scratch a fully equipped translation & interpreting lab for the program.
• Connected the university with two of the biggest computer translation companies in the world, which concluded by singing the MOUs.
• Managed to boost the number of students in the new program from 1 student in the first semester to 49 students in the third semester (less than one year).
• Assist in organizing faculty’s research colloquiums and conferences for more than 100 students.
• Providing weekly-based mentoring for the 1st and 2nd-year students.
• Organized an international webinar with Hamad bin Khalifa University in Qatar to expose my students to different perspectives on the translation market needs.
• Contributed more than 40s eBooks of translation and interpreting toward the university’s library.
• Participated and presented papers in three international conferences at MSU, USM, and UM in 2019.
• Assisted in establishing the program structure for the bachelor in translation and interpreting.
• Started an initiative to teach an online course on Asas Bahasa Arab for beginners in MSU.
• Assisted in translating MSU’s university website into the Arabic language.
• Led the initiative to translate the MSUMC website into the Arabic language.
I-Yuno Media Group, KL.
Arabic Translation Team Manager Apr 2018–Dec 2018
• Managing the Arabic team of more than 10 people of translators and editors.
• Ensuring the quality control of the translated files and a quality product delivered on time.
• Ensuring the most accurate translation of the subtitles and captions and using the closest cultural equivalence.
• Ensuring the utmost use of CAT tools software in the translation.
• Preparing and managing team member’s workflow and schedule.
• Providing on-spot training for the new team members.
• Leading weekly meetings to update the team with the new heads-up and to check the delivery status.
• Dealing with the giant media-services providers from American and around the globe to meet the capacity and to ensure fast-track delivery.
• Increased the quarterly revenue by $100K (50% over target).
• Sending weekly reports on (quality, delivery & capacity) to the top management.
University Malaya Medical Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Medical Translator and Interpreter Apr 2013 – Mar 2018
worked on several projects;
Project title: Integrating Academic Excellence & the Practice of The Professions (IAPP).
Which covers several areas; Law & Risk domains, and Language and the Law
Project title: Challenges of Teachings & Research in the 21st Century.
Project title: Professional Communication and Professional Practices.
Project title: Public Understanding of Expert Views on Obesity in Malaysia and Sweden.
A joint project with Goteborg University, Sweden.
Project title: Language contacts of Arabic and English in South and Southeast Asia
Project title: Language and the Law and Courtroom discourse.
● Accomplished more than 7 key research projects on; health risk, obesity, educational challenges, legal discourse (courtrooms), language and the media, and professional practices.
● A key organizer in several conferences, seminars, workshops, and summer schools under the patronage of the university and ministry of higher education.
● Wrote reports on the stages of each project to the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
● Conducted research tasks, e.g. literature search, qualitative & quantitative data collection, data 5analysis, and writing research articles.
● Planned and wrote research studies, conferences, and workshop proposals with senior academic research staff, among representing the university in international events.
● Prepared membership initiatives for the Malaysian Association of Applied Linguistics (MAAL).
● Controlled updating the content of the MAAL website and social media accounts.
● Designed marketing stuff e.g. flyers, banners, and buntings for academic research events.
Freelance Conference Interpreter Sept 2009–April 2013
● Malaysia, Singapore, China, US, Canada, and Australian govt and immigration depts.
● Translated different types of documents from English into Arabic and vs., including but not limited to, legal, commercial, financial, technical, medical, real estate, and other documents.
● Provide consecutive interpretation for many meetings, official events, and annual congresses around the world.
• Reviewed more than 150 Articles for peer-reviewed journals in several fields; education, linguistics, and human management.
• Member along with Professor. Azirah Hashim and Prof. Gerhard Leitner of a project funded by the University of Malaya into Arabic loans in Asian countries with an Islamic majority or a sizeable Islamic minority such as Brunei, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and Malaysia.
• Head of Palestinians postgraduate student association at the University of Malaya.
• Attended a training course on the fire prevention awareness program at the University of Malaya.
● Training Program on Public Relation Professional. KL, Malaysia (2017).
● Creativity and Critical Thinking KL, Malaysia (2017).
● Managing research students. KL, Malaysia (2017)
● Management Skills in Strategic Leadership. KL, Malaysia (2016).
● Communication Skills. KL, Malaysia (2015).
● Academic Writing. KL, Malaysia (2015).
● Public Speaking and High Impact Presentations. KL, Malaysia (2014).
● Mandarin Chinese. KL, Malaysia (2013).
● Leadership and its Features at International Training Institution. KL, Malaysia (2012).
Published more than 8 articles in renowned scholarly ISI and Scopus journals worldwide.
Presented numerous papers in more than 25 international conferences worldwide.
● Brilliant in managing cultural differences and monitoring student’s individual differences.
● Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
● Web & Tech Savvy and Expert in Microsoft Office.
Editorial Board member at Cambridge Scholars Board, Language, Linguistics, MA, United States.
Editorial Board member at International Journal of Language and Linguistics, New York, USA
Member of Malaysian Association of Applied Linguistics (MAAL), University Of Malaya, Malaysia.
Member of Asia Pacific LSP & Professional Communication Association, Hong Kong.
Member of Professional Translators and Interpreters.
Reviewer at Global Journals (USA-UK-India).
● WINNER First Class of the “Malaysian Government Scholarship”, for Best Ph.D. student’s minds, granted by the Minister of Higher Education, Malaysia, 2016.
● Certificate of Appreciation “Best Translator”, PETRONAS Leadership Centre, 2016
● Arabic (Native Speaker) - English (Near-Native Speaker) - Malay (Fluent) - Chinese (Limited).
References available upon request.
About this Linguist
Desired Job Category
Proofreading / Editing
Desired Employment Type
Desired Work Schedule
Total Work Experience
7 Years, 0 Months
Most Recent Job Title
BankingWords.com & PlanetArabia
Copyright © 2000-2021
Arab Professional Translators Society
All Rights Reserved.