JOBS APPLYING FOR: SENIOR ARABIC INTERPRETER- TRANSLATOR / RESEARCH ANALYST/ CONTENT WRITER
Mohammed H. Al Aqad
Mob.: 0060-143237588 - Email: email@example.com
Year of Birth : 1985
Driving License: Yes
IELTS : Band 8
Residence Place: MALAYSIA
Marital Status : Married
To achieve the higher level of client and customer satisfaction with my excellent knowledge and proficiency of English-Arabic interpretation and translation. Able to provide a perfect interpretation for official meetings, conf., training sessions, ect and translation of contracts, legal drafting of the subjects and promote the services offered by the company. Eager to work in an environment that encourages me to grow, develop and enjoy my work.
PhD of Linguistics, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Certified Professional Translator, Arabic Professional Translators Society, 2018
Master of Linguistics (major in legal translation), University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia "Grade: 3.5 (Excellent)"
Bachelor Degree in English Language, Al-Aqsa University, Gaza, Palestine "Grade: 3.3 (Very good)"
Certificate of Appreciation (BEST TRANSLATOR), PETRONAS Leadership Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
First Class Winner of the Malaysian Government Scholarship, for PhD students, Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia
Training Program: Advanced Translation and Interpretation "English to Arabic & vs, International Academy for Professional Training, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Training Program: Project Management Professional (PMP), 35 hours, Saudi Arabia
Professional Diploma: Training Of Trainers (TOT), American University of Science, Oregon, USA
Diploma in Projects Management, United Nations Enterprises Centre, Gaza, Palestine
Sep 2013 – Present Freelance Translator and Interpreter
Malaysia, China, US, Canada and Australian immigration depts.
(Arabic <> English- translating different types of documents, including but not limited to, legal, commercial, financial, technical, medical, real estate and other documents. Provide localization and Arabic translation for several universities and hospitals website.
Jan 2018-Mar 2018 Legal Assistant and Translator
DUBAI INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION CENTRE, UAE
• Assist to translate several written legal documents such as, Arbitration rules, Courts drafting, Court judgments, Financial Statements, Memos, Contracts, MOUs, Articles of Arbitration and UNCITRAL clauses, complaints to Government Authorities, from English to Arabic and vice versa.
• Worked with a team including, lawyers, solicitors, consultants staff.
Oct 2016–Sept 2017 Researcher
ASIA-EUROPE INSTITUTE, UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA MALAYSIA
1) Work on more than 7 crucial projects and organized several conferences, seminars, workshops and summer schools under the patronage of the university and MOHE.
2) Work in accordance to project brief and deliver frequent project updates and coordinate with business management to determine research objectives
3) Prepare membership initiatives for the Malaysian Association of Applied Linguistics (MAAL).
4) Responsible for updating the content of the MAAL website and social-media accounts.
5) Recruit new members for MAAL.
6) Prepare in organizing the 2nd Summer School 2016 at Asia-Europe Institute (AEI).
7) Design marketing stuff e.g. flyers, banners, and buntings for academic research events.
8) Recruit foreign students for the annual Summer Schools.
9) Write reports on the events made for the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
10) Assist in lecturing and teaching of several courses includes academic writing, ESP and linguistics and others related courses.
11) Conduct research tasks e.g. literature search, data collection, data analysis.
12) Serve a Secretariat Role at several international conferences, workshops and Higher Education forums.
13) Represent the university in several international conferences.
Feb 2017 Official Interpreter for The King of Saudi Arabia
Escort the king on his official visits to Putrajaya, PM office and King’s Palace and interpret the official press conference
Sep 2013–Sept 2016
Simultaneous Interpreter & Translator (English-Arabic & vs)
INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI PETROLEUM PETRONAS (INSTEP), MALAYSIA
Interpreter numerous training sessions include oil & gas production, processing, water distillation, gas dehydration, terminal handling, HR management and professional communication.
• Interpreter for the official meetings, international conferences and government forums and events.
• Provide live interpretation for oil and gas field visits, court cases, doctor-patient communication.
• Translated more than 3 million words in different types of documents, including but not limited to, government documents, legal, medical, commercial, financial, and technical & others.
• Proofread, revise, updated and edit translated materials to give clear and high quality translated texts and ensure the quality control of all translated material received from external translators.
• Carry out research activities to gain a better understanding of the nature of the text needed to be translated.
• Manage and train new translators, and distribute duties.
• Communicate with a variety of administrators, specialists, faculties and other staffs to provide interpretation and translation as needed.
• Manage the legalisation of documents within different entities.
• backup paralegals and other stuff and handle work in their absence.
Apr 2012/ 2013 Simultaneous Interpreter (English-Arabic & vs)
15TH AND 16TH SOUTHEAST ASIAN HEALTHCARE, MALAYSIA
• Establish & lead the Translation Section, and ensure that all activities and tasks are fully coordinated, appropriately authorized and carried out in a planned and effective manner.
• Manage day-to-day translations of the Company by serving and working closely with the company's different sections/divisions to meet their translation requirements.
• Work within a team including, lawyers and Trade Marks and Patent attorneys, associates, consultants, paralegals and support staff in a law firm specialized in Intellectual Property Protection (Trade Marks and Patent) in order to fully comply with all translation requirements.
Legal Writing and Searching at International Training Institute – Kuala Lumpur– Malaysia. 2013
Legal Contracts at International Training Institute - Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. 2014
Training Program: Customer Service- Professional Interactions, 50 hours, Saudi Arabia, 2018
Leadership and its Features at International Training Institution, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 2012
Academic Writing - University of Malaya – Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. 2015
Communication Skills – Al-Manar Institute, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. 2015
Management Skills in Strategic Leadership – International Training Institute- Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia.
Public Speaking and High Impact Presentations - International Training Institute-Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. 2014
Mandarin Chinese, for 40 hours Course- Kongzi Institute- University of Malaya- Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. 2013
French Language for 120 hours Course- Developers Without Borders Institute- Gaza strip, Palestine. 2006
Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Translation Softwares).
Good teamwork skills and great time management skills.
Precision and Accuracy
Arabic: (Tongue Language)
• Member of Board of Trustees at Higher Education Leadership Network
• Editorial Board member at International Journal of Language and Linguistics, NY, USA
• Editorial Board member at Cambridge Scholars, Language Linguistics, USA
• Editorial Board member at International Journal of Social Sciences and Arts (IJSSA)
• Reviewer at Law Journal at US-China Public Administration, LA, USA
• Member of World Association for Arab Translators and Linguists
• Member of Malaysian Association of Applied Linguistics
• Member of Professional Translators and Interpreters
• A reviewer at World Science Publisher Journal
• A reviewer at Global Journals (USA-UK-India)
EXPERIENCE IN ORGANIZING CONFERENCES
The 3rd Postgraduate Conference of Faculty of Languages & Linguistics, 7-8 Dec 2011, University of Malaya, Malaysia
The 2nd Asia-Europe Institute (AEI) - ASEM Summer School, 7th until 21st August 2016, UM. Malaysia
3rd EU-Malaysia Higher Education Conference (EMHEC 2016): cooperation in mobility for students and academics. 14 March 2016 at IPPP, UM. Malaysia
Regional Workshop on the Role of Youth in Promoting Human Rights in ASEAN: Making Rights a Reality. 30-31 Oct 2015 at Auditorium, Asia-Europe Institute (AEI), UM. Malaysia
International Conference on Arbitration Discourse & Practices in Asia 2015 | 20-21 August 2015 | KL Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA), Malaysia.
Asian Higher Education Forum, 9-10 June 2015, Malaysia
The 1st Malaysian Association of Applied Linguistics (MAAL) - Singapore Association of Applied Linguistics (SAAL) Symposium, at Research Management and Innovation Complex, University of Malaya, 28 Nov. 2014, Malaysia
1st International Conference of the Africa-Asia Development University Network (AADUN) And Africa’s Asian Options (AFRASO) Project 11-13 March 2014. Malaysia
The 17th English in Southeast Asia Conference 5 – 7 Dec. 2013, UM, Malaysia.
University of Malaya Discourse and Society Conference, Intercontinental Hotel 27-29 June 2012 Malaysia,
The 1th Conference in conjunction with Tokyo University& University Malaya, 28 April 2012, Faculty of Arts, Malaysia.
References: Available upon request.